Challenge - Koukussa Kortteihin -haaste #196

Edit: Since I misinterpret the challenge rules (see puzzle chart in the end of this post) I created a new card to take part in the challenge. Scroll down to see the new card and the description.

An old school friend of mine had her birthday last weekend, so I thought I'll make her a card. We don't keep in touch that often but we do exchange Christmas cards every year. I also decided to take part in another challenge. This one is about card making. In the end of this blog post there is a puzzle chart where I picked out the suitable alternatives. In fact, there were more than just one row/column that suited to this card. Well, in my opinion, anyway...

For this card I used only washi tapes for the background. In the chart it says "background paper in sight". I'm interpreting it so that the cardbase, which has a nice peachy color, is showing through the washitape. The peach color makes the background softer and the elements on top pops out more. this is the first time I have covered the entire background with washi tapes. In my last post before this is another Gorjuss girl card and it also has that rosy washi tape but only in the edges.

The paper flowers I made myself. I used punches to punch the leaves and the flowers. Then I used the embossing tool to make them more realistic looking. Inside the flowers I squirted some clear glitter glue and then placed a glass bead on top of that. The butterfly was hand cut from a Marianne design sheet.

The sentiment Onnenhetkiä (= moments of happiness) is a circle shaped stamp. I used a pale green distress ink to color the background of the sentiment and then I used a Wink of Stella marker to make that golden rim around it. Underneath the sentiment is the flower shaped diecut by Sizzix. I slightly embossed the edges of the white flower and then attached the black diecut flower with foampads to raise it a bit. The paperflower's leaves were easy to tuck under that raised diecut.

Gorjuss girl was stamped with black ink and then colored with distress inks. I added some glitter glue to her hair and to the butterfly. The heart has glossy accents coating. It's not very high to the finger touch but it has a nice glossy shine. There isn't a picture from the inside but I covered the other side, the one with the washi tapes' endings, with a green patterned paper.

The card is 13,5 cm x 13,5 cm

A close up

Another close up

Below is the new card for the challenge. I didn't have enough washitapes for the background nor did I have that slightly smaller peachy card base. So I decided to do entirely new card, this is also a birthday card and it will go to my mother in a couple of weeks.

The background is made with Distress Inks; tattered rose, picked raspberry, crushed olive and pumice stone. I diluted some drops of the inks into water to make watercolor washes. I first wet the paper (Canson Mixed media Imagine 200g/m2) with a clean water mister and then flicked the colors with brushes. After splatters had dried a bit I added more colors to them and repeated it until I was happy with the result. I used the same colors in all of the elements.

I used a thin Wink of Stella marker to the hair, to the stripes on the socks and to the sentiment to give some golden glitter. I also used three different Ranger Stickles glitter glues; frosted lace, star dust and orange peel. The star dust is on the organza ribbon and the other two in the center of the flower. I put glass beads to the center as well. The flower petals I diecut from paper using a Sizzix diecut blade and the Big shot machine. I used the picked raspberry DI to give more depth to the pink color. The branches with leaves I drew by hand and cut with scissors. For coloring I used crushed olive, pumice stone, weathered wood and a bit of fossilized amber DI. I also made a brown color by mixing crushed olive and weathered wood into picked raspberry. I used it for the branches, the hair and the background of the sentiment.

* * *

Syntymäpäiväkortti

Lähikuva kortista

Osallistun yllä olevalla kortilla Koukussa kortteihin -blogin haasteeseen #196. Ohjeistuksena kortille on alla oleva palapelikuva. Tulkitsin aluksi kaavion väärin, joten jouduin tekemään haasteeseen uuden kortin. Tässä kortissa käytin mm. Distress inkejä ja kimalleliimoja. Lehtioksat piirsin ja leikkasin käsin. Kukan terälehdet stanssasin Sizzixin kirsikankukka-stanssilla. Kukan keskustassa on kimalleliimaa ja reilusti kullanvärisiä lasihelmiä. Kortin tausta on tehty märkää märälle -tekniikalla. Alkuperäisen haasteen blogipostaus löytyy täältä


Kommentit

  1. Apparently I understood the chart all wrong... Oh well... At least the card is pretty and soon posted

    VastaaPoista
  2. oih, ihanat materiaalit ja mitä ihmettä ITSE TEHDYT KUKAT? Wow, olet taitava!
    Olen pahoillani kun suunnittelin niin vaikeasti ymmärrettävän luonnoksen!!
    Tarkoitus oli tehdä erilainen ja hauska.... mut ei mee aina niinkuin Strömsöös.... ;(
    Kai jäi materiaaleja vielä toiseen korttiin - taitavissa käsissäsi syntyy varmaan vielä luonnoksenkin mukainen kortti kun aikaa on juhannukseen saakka - jään innolla odottelemaan sitä!! Pirjo Dt

    VastaaPoista
  3. Voi kiitos kun jaksoit ottaa uusiksi ja MIKÄ UPEUS!!!!
    Jo taustasi on ihan mielettömän hieno (märkää märälle) oli pakko ihan zoomailla värien leikkiä paperilla. Kukkanen ja APUA, itsekö olet lehdet leikannut ja saanut niin niin aidon näköisiksi! Onnellinen ken tämän kortin joskus saa.... Kiitos vielä kun tulit mukaan haasteeseen, toivottavasti tulet mukaan jatkossakin!!

    VastaaPoista
  4. Kauniita ovat molemmat kortit! Ihania nuo itsetehdyt kukat :)

    VastaaPoista

Lähetä kommentti