The last twenty-something Christmas cards for this year

Not so christmassy but does it always have to?

For my last load of Christmas cards I used themes that had spruce branches, spruce cones and foxes. I originally planned to use only one theme / card model but then eventually went for two themes. This time I didn't stamp or color anything. I used different colored cardstock, diecutting dies and one embossing folder. Some of the foxes I also foiled with Thermoweb Fancy foil.

Plain circle card (left) is going to my niece

For foiling I adhered a piece of double sided adhesive sheet (Joy crafts) onto the right side of the orange cardstock. Diecut the foxes (by Poppy stamps) with my Big shot diecutting machine. Then I peeled of the cover of the sticky adhesive and placed the foxes onto the foiling sheet (Gina K. designs Dazzling orange). I ran the foxes through the Big shot once more to give the foil a good pressure. Then I just removed the foxes from the foiling sheet. I probably should have done this one more time, either to place the foxes on a new foiling sheet or just add foils to the edges, because there was still some stickiness on them. Afterwards I had to add some more foil to the legs, tail and head because the stacked cards stuck together and when trying to separate them the orange cardstock (Lawn fawn Fake tan) split and I had to do some repairing almost on every foiled fox.

Foiling the foxes

The glittery branch circles were cut from the green glitter luxury cardstock by Crafter's companion. I used a Memory box diecutting blade for the inside and a Spellbinders diecutting blade for the outer side. The glitter cardstock was a bit tricky with the branches. At first I ran them through the diecutting machine 2-3 times, rotating them once and added paper for more pressure but then I realized that the cutting plate was so worn that it was no wonder that the branches wouldn't cut well. Obviously the glitter also affected the result but changing a less used plate under the cardstock did do the trick. I already had cut more than half of the circles before this flash of wit but it's good to know this next time. It's a bit pity how much waste pieces I got from all those branchy circles. I am saving the scraps though I have no idea how to use them. I tried cutting more branches from the cut circles but it was playing with bits and pieces.

Trying out layouts

Deciding on which style to choose

I planned to make all of the cards square shaped but the embossed area didn't cover the whole card and I didn't have enough of the patterned paper or washi tape to cover the unembossed areas. I didin't want to leave them uncovered, either. It also puzzled me if I would use white, green or brown cardstock bases. The green would have been the best choice but I didn't have enough of them, nor did I have the time to order more. The whites were larger and therefore needed more patterned paper or washis. The brown ones I'm saving for next year. So, I decided to go for the A6 size (about 10,5 x 15 cm). I didn't have enough of one color so I used about 3 different colors: dark silver, white with hint of gold and champagne. I did make one square card. I had tried embossing on that card base so I kind of had to use it. The front has both spruce cones and squirrels. The inside needed something so I added an unfoiled fox there.

Only two cards have patterned paper inside

The dies for circles

The dies for decors



Kommentit